Over the past several months, we’ve been watching and listening to our loyal collector and enthusiast communities who follow and enjoy our MOTO Monday and Gallery Ecommerce sales on Mondays and Wednesdays. We’ve seen and heard a lot of concerns and frustration over how difficult it has become to purchase one of these special putters.
While these putters are extremely limited, and demand far exceeds supply, we’ve heard you—and have seen for ourselves—an increase in purchases of these putters that are not in the spirit Scotty intended when he conceived of these limited release events. Scotty has always appreciated the excitement around these products and, dating back to the earliest Cameron Collector events, encouraged brand fans to collect, trade and share these putters, ideally with friends old and new who they met along the way—it was about friendship, sharing, the thrill of the chase, and enjoying hand-crafted putters that push Scotty’s design and craftsmanship to the limit.
We want to share with you some of the things we’ve been doing, and will continue to do, in an effort to better protect the fairness of our limited release putter sales:
- We have implemented bot mitigation techniques and technologies on our site, in addition to monitoring users and activities that are suspect.
- We will audit orders and reserve the right to cancel and return to stock product that we deem was purchased in a manner that unreasonably consumes supply, is excessive, or otherwise oversteps the bounds of what is reasonable in a fast-paced limited release environment. In recent weeks, we have canceled numerous orders from persons we identified as using inappropriate methods or technologies to purchase putters.
- We reserve the right to enforce purchase limits week-to-week to improve the chances for different people to be able to purchase a putter.
- We have suspended the accounts and/or purchase privileges of users we deem to be transacting with our site in a way that was not in the spirit of fairness due to either bot use, or other activities. We will continue to reserve the right to do so, in our sole discretion. We also reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to revoke Club Cameron membership privileges in those cases that apply.
- We will continue to seek out new processes and methods to create a more level playing field.
Finally, we need your help. Let’s all think back to what got us into the hobby in the first place. If it wasn’t the great game of golf, the community and, of course, Scotty’s fine milled putters, then maybe it’s best to leave that putter for someone else who’s been chasing it and will love it for a lifetime.
From all at the Scotty Cameron Gallery, we appreciate your continued support, loyalty and friendship.