High Performance Models Enhance Feel and Feedback Through Multi-Material Constructions with New Face Inlay Technology
FAIRHAVEN, Mass. (January 26, 2016) – The new Scotty Cameron Select putters, engineered with innovative new face inlay technology, blend precision milled Scotty Cameron craftsmanship with enhanced multi-material constructions to deliver tour-validated performance with unmatched feel and feedback.
Available in golf shops beginning April 8, the new Select putters feature seven sleek, performance-oriented models with new technology, shapes and configurations to satisfy the variety of strokes, styles and preferences of golfers at every level of the game. Central to the new Select line is Scotty’s concept of three unique multi-material constructions matched to each putter. This face inlay technology produces responsive feel and feedback that golfers have described as “soft but solid.”
“This new Select line promotes feel while expanding what’s possible with performance,” said Master Craftsman Scotty Cameron. “We’ve extended the methodology of our proven multi-material technology to include new stainless steel inlays for blades, as well as aluminum inlays for the mid-mallet models. The result is a better look, a better sound, a better feel and a better product.”
The new face inlays – which wrap around the sole and disappear from the player’s view at address, as opposed to a traditional face insert that occupies only a specific center section of the face – are presented in three unique setups to complement each putter shape and size:
- New Select Newport, Newport 2 and Newport 2.5 models, the next generation of Scotty’s longtime tour favorites, are modern heel-and-toe weighted blades designed to support flowing strokes. Each model features a sole-to-topline 303 stainless steel inlay that is precision mid-milled and hand-buffed to a brilliant, metallic finish, then bonded to the stainless steel body using high-tech vibration dampening material. This fusion of materials provides golfers with responsive feel and feedback at impact.
- New Select Newport 2 Notchback – a slightly larger, angular modern blade with a notched flange – features a sole-to-topline 6061 aircraft grade aluminum inlay anodized in gunmetal gray. The lightweight aluminum inlay, bonded to the stainless steel body with vibration dampening material, enhances sound and feel while moving more weight from stainless steel to the perimeter for improved MOI and stability.
- New Select Newport M1 and Newport M2 mid-mallets combine a 6061 aircraft grade aluminum inlay with Scotty’s face-sole pop-through technology. The face-sole is a single piece of lightweight aluminum that comprises the face inlay, wraps down and around to create the midsection of the sole and pops through the flange to create the sightline field. This construction concentrates weight on the perimeter to produce higher MOI and stability for “straight back/straight through” strokes. The lightweight aluminum face-sole is fine tuned for sound and feel through vibration dampening material attached to the stainless steel core.
“While performance is always the end goal, I first design for aesthetics. Initially, a design has to appeal to the eye. But, when you examine the components, you can appreciate the technology that goes into creating these amazing new putters,” Cameron said. “I’ve worked with insert ideas for years. This is the culmination of my research, the various inlays we’ve developed for this new line.”
A new Select Newport 2 Notchback Dual Balance model is also available for those players who prefer a Newport-style head but need maximum stability in their stroke. Like all Dual Balance models, Newport 2 Notchback DB has a 50-gram heavier head (400 grams total) and a 50-gram counterweight in the butt of the shaft. This configuration helps many players make a proper stroke where the butt of the shaft remains pointed at the midsection.
Each new Select putter features advanced stability weighting with two, customizable stainless steel heel-toe weights, stepless steel shafts and supple Red Matador Mid-size grips (Newport 2 Notchback DB employs a 15-inch Dual Balance grip) developed to offer the comfort of a larger grip while maintaining responsiveness and feel.
Scotty refined the Select line’s raw stainless steel finish with a unique bead blast for a radiant yet glare resistant appearance. Additionally, his Tour-inspired graphics blend the familiar three bright translucent red dots with engraved typography that represents this modern, high-tech line.
- MULTI-MATERIAL TECHNOLOGY performance-matched to each putter style.
- 303 STAINLESS STEELinlays are paired with putters designed to support flowing strokes; 6061 aircraft grade aluminum inlays and face-sole construction selected for models designed for higher MOI and “straight-back/straight-through” strokes
- RESPONSIVE FEEL AND FEEDBACK from integrated vibration dampening system connecting mid-milled face inlays and face-sole components
- MODERN AESTHETICS from sole-to-topline inlays and face-sole pop-through technology to misted finishes and refined colors and graphics
- BALANCE AND FORGIVENESS from Select heel-and-toe weighting technology, perfectly matched to shaft length
- ENHANCED ALIGNMENT OPTIONS from milled flange sight lines to crisscross pop-through visual cues
- TOUR-PROVEN PERFORMANCE and feedback from player-preferred soft, supple Red Matador Midsize grips
Select Newport: Classic heel-and-toe weighted blade with a plumbing neck, shorter rounded contours, a 303 stainless steel face inlay and new flange sight line.
Select Newport 2: Legendary low-slung modern heel-and-toe weighted blade with a plumbing neck, longer angular lines, 303 stainless steel face inlay and a flange sight line.
Select Newport 2.5: Modern blade with longer Newport 2 profile, crisp lines, short flare neck, 303 stainless steel face inlay and flange sight line.
Select Newport 2 Notchback: Angular modern blade with distinct, mechanical contours, a notched flange, flowing single-bend shaft, and a 6061 aircraft grade aluminum face inlay with a single flange sight line.
Select Newport M1 Mallet: Rounded, flowing mid-mallet with 6061 aircraft aluminum wrap-around face-sole technology, sweeping single-bend shaft, and pop-through flange alignment system.
Select Newport M2 Mallet: Rectangular, boxy mid-mallet with 6061 aircraft aluminum face-sole technology, flowing single-bend shaft, and pop-through flange alignment system.
Select Newport 2 Notchback Dual Balance: Features a 50-gram heavier putter head counter-balanced with a 50-gram weight in the grip-end of the shaft to stabilize the putting stroke; 38” standard length with a 15” Dual Balance grip to slow down and stabilize the butt end of the putter throughout the stroke
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY: Select putters will be available in on April 8, 2016 worldwide through Titleist authorized golf shops.
• New Select putters: MSRP $410
• New Select Dual Balance putter: MSRP $425
ON THE WEB: www.scottycameron.com
YOUTUBE VIDEOS: https://www.youtube.com/ScottyCameron